So, I've go this old Paul Simon song playing in my head... a real ear-worm, if you know what I mean.
"I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So Mama, don't take my Kodachrome away"
- Paul Simon
Now, you may wonder what brought that particular song to my mind. (Even if you don't, at least pretend.) Well, the truth of the matter is I've always liked taking pictures. There are many reasons behind this - not the least of which is the fact that if I am behind the camera, I don't have to be in the pictures! BONUS! But, there are other reasons, too. I love to capture scenery and people, situations that are humorous or touching. I keep thinking to myself that I need to get me a nicer camera. The one I own is okay, but it doesn't have a lot of zoom or flexibility in it. So, I'm asking for some advice. Let me know what kind of cameras you have found are the best bang for the buck. Here are some of the things I'd like in a camera - though I doubt I'll find one that has everything for the price I'll be able to pay.
- ability to take photos in all types of lighting situations - bright, dim, etc.
- ability to take decent photos while moving
- ability to capture quickly moving objects without blurriness
- good optical zoom (as opposed to digital)
- video capability
- flexibility to add on features later when I feel I can afford it
- fairly straight forward to use - doesn't need to be overly simple, but I don't want to have to take a physics class to run it.
- decent size screen that can be seen even in bright light
Sounds like quite a list, right? I admit that it is, but I figured a few of you out there in blog land could give me some insight into what you have found has worked for you.