Saturday, May 1, 2010

Teaching is a work of HEART...

The end of this month marks the end of a remarkable 41 years of teaching for my dad. I really admire the fact that he stuck with the teaching profession through thick and thin. I am amazed that he and my mom were able to raise a family of six children on a teacher's salary! After having taught for 13 years myself, I understand the dedication and fortitude it takes to stick with this profession for the long term - and I'm not even half-way to where he is now. Thirty-one of those forty-one years were spent at Huntington Elementary - a great feat in and of itself. I  know I am not the only one who thinks that Huntington Elementary will not be the same without his genuine caring for faculty, staff, student, and parents alike. We will be having an open house in his honor on May 26. I hope that many of his former students, co-workers, etc. will come and help us honor him. If anyone reading this knows him and has a memory to share - please email it to mrdurrant41@gmail.com  . And thanks, dad and mom for being such good parents and examples to all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment