Saturday, January 1, 2011

New beginnings...

Instead of New Year's resolutions, which I hardly ever keep, I thought I'd list a few of my hopes for the coming year...


I hope this year is filled with blessings for all those around me.
I hope that as new things come around the corner I will be courageous enough to go after them.
I hope those who are burdened with illness will be healed.
I hope Peace On Earth, Goodwill Toward Men will truly come to be.
I hope my family member remain close to one another.
I hope my friendships will strengthen and grow.
I hope that I may fulfill the new duties I have been given to the best of my abilities.
I hope I will end the year a better person than I began it.
I hope my family and friends will be granted the gift of good health.
I hope my students will try their best and learn.
I hope I might be a blessing to others, instead of a burden.
I hope I will finish my final two Master's classes with flying colors and that I will pass my Praxis.
I hope that I will live a healthful and healthy life.
I hope I will follow good advice, ignore bad advice, and know the difference between the two.



What a difference a year makes... as I looked back over the last year's entries, back to my first blog entry - one year ago, today - I know I could not have expected a few of the things that transpired during 2010.
Even the weather is different.

Here are two pictures - the first from last year around Christmas, and then one from this year around Christmas... interesting, huh?

December 2009
December 2010


I will end my entry today, the way I began last year...

May your blessings be more numerous than your trials, and may your trials turn out to be blessings in disguise. Happy 2011!





No comments:

Post a Comment