Saturday, September 10, 2011

The touch of the master's.... camera....

As you know I work in a small school in our county and while it has many good points, our walls are a little bare and lifeless. They need something to add character, to express the uniqueness of our school and community - but what? And then, as I was looking at some photographs on a friend's site, an idea was born... We needed some pictures - but not just any old generic pictures. Pictures my students could connect and find common ground with - perhaps photos of our school, community, and the areas surrounding them. I spoke with another colleague and friend who liked the idea, so I presented it to my faculty. They seemed to be in support of the concept, so we decided to proceed.

Now, I have a friend who is a teacher - as many of my friends are - but he also just happens to be a fabulous photographer in his own right.  I knew just who to ask. Fortunately, he was willing to take some time out of his busy schedule to be a part of this venture. He came down last weekend to visit with some friends and to take some photos. I think they turned out amazingly. I wanted to share some of my favorites with you. And, if you happen to need a few pictures for your own walls, he has some great ones on his site at Backroads Photography, and on his blog - here and here so check them out.

Here a few of the photos he captured - 


























No comments:

Post a Comment