Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Venturing...

It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult.  - Lucius Annaeus Seneca 


It is a fact that I am not proud of, but I am a bit of a coward. To admit that is to acknowledge my timidity in venturing forth to unknown regions both geographically and personally. I have lived in the same town for nearly 15 years now and have rarely gone beyond my comfort zone, my "safe" places. There are places I have heard about during the time I have lived here that I still haven't seen. I put off exploring these places while waiting for others to provide me with the opportunity, rather than seizing the chance to try on my own. 


You may recall that earlier this summer, I issued a challenge to myself to make my todays worth remembering. I've tried to begin rising to that challenge. And, while I have a long way to go yet toward meeting it, I have sought to make strides. I can honestly say that in the past couple of months I have ventured to more places on my own than in the previous years combined. 


One of those places that I recently ventured to on my own was the Crystal Geyser. (I've been there before, but never on my own...) While there I snapped several photos. 


Here a few - 











1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures, and, I think that you have come a LONG ways in your adventurous spirit! :)
    Keep up the amazing photos.
    (Some of these are school wall worthy!)

    ReplyDelete