Friday, May 25, 2012

Breaking through...


As I headed to work this morning - the last day of school for this year - this is the sight that greeted me. I thought about the interplay between the sunlight and the shadow of the clouds. The rays of sun breaking through the stubborn cloud cover. Even when storms appear to threaten, ultimately the sun breaks through.  In some ways teaching is like that.

There are days it feels like nothing you say or do is breaking through the thick layer of issues students bring with them. Family issues. Health issues. Academic issues. And yet, every once in awhile you do break through. Those are the moments to cling to.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that too. I realized that every could DOES have a silver lining, but only when the sun comes shining through.

    Have a fantastic summer- YOU have earned it! :)

    ReplyDelete