Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It has been a great holiday break so far. Last night my parents and I went to visit with my sister and her family to wish her husband a Happy Birthday - since he has the fortune (or misfortune) of being born on December 24th. We watched part of a Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert with them and had pie and ice cream for dessert. After we left my sister's house, we went up to watch one of my brothers' family do the nativity story. It was quite cute - from an eager angel, to a frowning Herod, to a toddler Jesus, not to mention shepherds and wise guys - I mean wise men... along with a couple of Christmas carols accompanied by by nephews on the piano. I am glad that my siblings are teaching their children the true meaning of Christmas, along with all of the modern seasonal trappings.

Today was a wonderful day with my family. First, after sleeping in just a little, my parents and I exchanged gifts this morning. (Thanks Dad and Mom for all you do.) We then went to visit several of my siblings and their families to see what the jolly man in red had left for them. I'd have to say that the man from the North Pole was very generous to all of us. This afternoon we got together to enjoy a wonderful dinner and good company. It is a blessing to have so many member of my family so close by. We also got to talk to family members that are not here at this time. All in all a lovely Christmas day. May your holiday season be filled with family, friends, love, and laughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment