Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Brady...

Brady
Today I was stunned and saddened to hear that my cousin Brady had passed away. It is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that someone so vibrant, so full of life, love, and good cheer is suddenly gone. I remember family parties where he would crack jokes, tease, and make sure everyone had a smile on their face before the celebration was through. He was in so many ways his father's son. Uncle Darvel had that same talent for making you feel happy, involved, loved.

I remember sitting at ball games while I was attending college in Logan listening to my uncle Darvel and my Grandpa Durrant cheer (and sometimes harangue... lol) Brady and the other cousins and friends who played on their teams. (Though it must be said, many of my uncle and grandpa's diatribes were against officials who couldn't seem to make the right calls when it came to "the boys"... lol)

As time passed and circumstances changed, my association with my cousin faded to the occasional family party or activity. I am sad to say that I did not know Brady as well as I would have liked to in the past few years. That doesn't change the fact that I love my cousin Brady and will miss his smile and laugh.

I don't know why he was taken with so much of his life ahead of him. I cannot claim to understand the reasoning why some are left to linger and others not. I believe in my heart that when he left this mortal sphere his dad, grandparents, niece and nephew, and countless others were there to welcome him home.

It is now, we, those who remain, who must pick up the pieces, finding meaning and purpose and go on.

These things I know:
Life is precious.
Time is fleeting.
Love is eternal.


A few of "Sharon's Boys"
Curtis Hendricks, Tony LeFevre, Brady Durrant
Sharon Durrant



No comments:

Post a Comment