Sunday, January 1, 2012

Out with the old... In with the new...

New Year's Baby...
My very good friends, the H's, invited me to be part of their New Year celebration this year. It was a great evening filled with a lot of fun, laughter, and of course loads of luscious munchies.


 Party Central.... 

(Can you tell the difference between the photo on the left and the right? Which one is the correct one?)






Instead of New Year's resolutions, which I hardly ever keep, I thought I'd list a few of my hopes for the coming year..


I hope this year is filled with blessings for all those around me.
I hope that as new things come around the corner we will all be courageous enough to go after them.
I hope those who are burdened with illness will be healed and those that grieve comforted.
I hope Peace On Earth, Goodwill Toward Men will truly come to be. 
I hope my family members remain close to one another. 
I hope my friendships will strengthen and grow.
I hope my family and friends will be granted the gift of good health.
I hope my students will try their best and learn.
I hope I might be a blessing to others, instead of a burden.
I hope that I will live a healthful and healthy life. 
I hope I will follow good advice, ignore bad advice, and know the difference between the two.
I hope I will end the year a better person than I began it. 

I will end my entry today, the way I did last year...

May your blessings be more numerous than your trials, and may your trials turn out to be blessings in disguise. 

Happy 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you guys had fun...it looks like it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete