Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rainbow connections...

I captured the tail end of this rainbow as I traveled home a few weeks ago.
I wish I had been able to capture it in all its brilliance. 
In the past week two friends posted pictures of rainbows on their blogs. Their posts brought to mind a photo of a rainbow I had captured recently as well. It seemed to give me a gentle nudge to add a post of my own to this mix... this "rainbow connection"...




I love the gentle promise of a rainbow... the reminder that even amidst the storms of life beauty can still be found. Indeed, it is the storm that makes the beauty possible... and though the beauty of a rainbow may be here one moment and gone in the next the memory of that rainbow lingers long after the last glimpse has faded. 


I couldn't end this post without sharing the rainbows captured by my two friends. Hopefully they'll forgive me for "borrowing" them, but I couldn't complete this post without showing the inspirations behind it. Thanks Gerb and Rachel for capturing the fleeting beauty of the rainbow.


"I'll build you a rainbow, way up high above.
Send down a sunbeam, plumb full of love.
Sprinkle down raindrops, teardrops of joy."
I'll Build You A Rainbow - Words and Music by R. Scott Strong



This photo was taken by my friend Gerb. Beautiful....

This photo was taken by my friend Rachel. Lovely...

1 comment: